My Blog List

Monday 3 January 2011

A New Year, A New Start?

Afternoon Bloggers,

So 2010 is long gone and we have stepped into 2011, into a new decade, with new experiences and adventures just lined up waiting to catch us by surprise. And so like a new  Scorcese release i await in anticipation for the thrills that are to come!

Christmas was spent catching up with friends and family back in good old Donny. Football and lots of drinking with the likes of Chris, Evans, Simon, Mellor, Callum, Luke, Dobbi and Mazza, combined with seeing family that i haven't seen in over 3 months and of course Sunday and Christmas dinners meant that Christmas time was a couple of weeks i would never forget.

Then of course came New Years Eve, spent with Chris and the Parentals in London. New Years Eve in Westminster under Big Ben's booming chimes and in a great position to see the Fireworks from the London Eye. After being asked to have a photo with by a quite attractive and equally drunk senorita and dancing the night away to Radio 1's music being blasted out across Westminster bridge it was time for the Chimes as we saw in 2011 with some of the best fireworks i have seen since the Millenium at Epcot. The rest of the weekend was spent browsing shops and eating our way through cuisine from across the world around London's Westfield shopping centre, Oxford and Regent's street in the freezing English winter.

But with only a maximum of 12 days left in the UK depending on when i finally book my flights back to Cadiz, and also only 16 days, 15 really as its like night-time already, until i reach the top of the mountain, the brow of the hill, the beginning of the end, my 21st birthday, everything becomes clearly in perspective!

What is most important in the festive season? It is traditional ti gives thanks at Christmas and then at New Year set your goals and targets for the next 12 months of your life..... But what do my next 12 months involve?

The next 12 months of my life and the lives of many people around me could very well end up being the most important 12 months of our lives. The 12 motnhs in the run up to New Year 2012 could very well define the rest of our lives; Turning 21, The last 6 months of our Cadiz adventure, Summer 2011 doing whatever we chose to do; be it Work Experience, Travelling, Festivals, or just plain ol Chillaxing, Then the first Semester of Final Year at Uni; Organising Interviews and Filling out Job Applications.... one slight problem.... What the hell do i want to do?!?! Do i want to do a Masters, do i want to work in Advertising, Become a Sports Agent, Travel, or Crack on with Writing; be i Journalism, Writing novels, or Screenplays.... Well guys your guess is as good as mine!!

One thing i do know is, for the time being anyway, i am taking things one day at a time, tackling problems as they come and taking the great times with the god awful ones! So for now i will enjoy the last weeks i have in England with the Lads, Look both ion anticipation and dread at turning 21, and leave planning my future for another day, because after all, I'm having a hell of a time right now!

What am i thankful for?

For my brilliant friends, both here, at Newcastle and in Spain.

For my Family, my incredible family who make even the worst of times easy to cope with.

For my life, the opportunities i have been given and the decisions i have made that have got me to this point.

What do i hope for?

I hope to make the most of the 6 months i have left in Spain and get fluent at last.

I hope Matty no longer looks like a boiled egg by the time i get back to Cadiz.

I hope Kike managed to make their christmas long distance realtionship work (even the mere half an hour is long distance compared to the meer metre they were maximum apart during the past 2 or so months)

I hope to finally gain inspiration and realise what i want to do with the rest of my life

I hope to god Newcastle stay up!!

And most of all I hope that all my Family and Freinds, wherever they may be have had a fabulous Festive season and also have a terrific 2011.

I'm afraid that is all for now folks, my Christmas may not have seemed exciting, (I did make a fool out of myself with a drunken FB email to a certain someone, get rather drunk around both Donny and Devizes, play a powerful perfoirmace in my return to football in Donny, and above all have a great time with my family and friends), but to me it was everything i wished for, a perfect end to a perfect 2010, a 2010 topped with too many highlights to mention, including Fame, Cadiz, London, Devizes, Granada, Sevilla, among lots, lots and lots more, i made so many amazing new friends, meeting the most amazing of people along the way, and now i look forward to an exceptional 2011, so enjoy yourselves guys, make the most of every opportunity sent your way, and hey, look on the bright side.... Winter is nearly over!!!

Happy Blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment