My Blog List

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Another Language.... Another Life?

Afternoon Bloggers :)

After a month of living here i came about to thinking, is this a new life? Moving to a foreign country to live and study for a year, one has to think that you may change, and grow into a new man. All the ingredients for change are there;

- New city
- New language
- New cuisine
- New freinds.

However it also brought me to looking back upon my life in England, at what kind of person i was, which 'Social Group' do i fit into, and by doing so i realised, i am indeed, an Individual. I like music that others may not, i watch films and television that other people may not, i don't believe in Healthy Eating or the Gym. And so in my moving to another country, especially baring in mind that, i am in fact, Ginger, i have to ponder the question, do i fit in? But come on guys, especially for those of you who know me well, do i ever 'Fit in'?!?! I am my own person; a 6 foot 3, 11 stone/ 62 Kilos wet through, intelligent by so so lazy, and most of all with my own sense of humour off of the back of some quite terrible insults thrown my way in earlier life. I if anything, stick out like a sore thumb, never more so however, than in Spain. Here in Cadiz i can count the number of Ginger people on my fingers!!

So what to make of my life in Spain? Well i am a firm believer in living every minute to the maximum, by doing what you love to do, and feeling every minute of every day and not listening to the criticism of others.

So let me draw two comparisons for you:

       Life In Spain                                                                  

- Uni where alot goes over my head                                   
- Strange city full of wonderful people (Cadiz)                     
- Great party atmosphere most nights                                
- Away from home                                                            
- Surrounded by freinds all the time                                  
- Diet consisting of very little healthy  food
- Football a key part to the  week

Life in England

- Uni where alot manages to go over my head
- Strange city full of great people (Newcastle)
- Great part atmosphere most nights
- Away from home
- Surrounded by freinds alllll the time
- Diet consisting of noooo healthy food!
- Football a huge part of the week

And the list continues, it is pretty much infinite!! But as you can see, so far anyway, life for me has not changed very much? Is this wrong? Should i be out ther experiencing the joys of Spain?

I do not think there is much more i can do to be making the most of this experience, i am out there meeting new people from all around the world, playing football with players from across europe and even the USA, eating local foods, watching local tv, looking for a european lady to sweep off her feet ;), going to uni and engrossing myself in the Cadiz culture.

Perhaps i will come home a changed man, maybe i will have (finally!) grown up, maybe i will have moulded into a european man, not just an englishman?! But one thing i do know is i will never forget where i came from, the poeple back home and my freinds, and my family who i love.

Pics and Stories to follow soon bloggers.

Happy Blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment