My Blog List

Friday 8 October 2010

Missing Home or Missing Home Comforts.... Is there a Difference?

Afternoon Bloggers :)

Ok, so since i started my blog like a week ago its been described as; emotional, hilarious, impressive, funny, a good read, great writing, gay, and next level gay, (original yer i know!), but for me, its just what comes into my head whilst im writing, ok so i start writing with an basic idea of what i am going to write about, trying not to let the title give too much away, but when i writing, well, things sort of just come to me. I mean alllllotttt i have to edit out because if i just let my brain run free on a web page, well my friends would probably no longer be even acquaintances, and we would probably have a world wide riot on our hands, well, ok thats maybe a little optimistic from me, i mean come on there is only around 30 of you MAX reading this, and i only have 3 followers through blogger and twitter (twitterers get following :D ).

So, i'v carefully planned out this effort, and well, lets see how it goes....

So..... its friday here, and well, last night was quite emotional from me (like some next level feminine crap)...... i watched My Girl. :O I mean come on guys who let me loose in the sad film section of the internet?! But it wasn't just My Girl that had me a bit down in the ol dumps, yesterday morning, well it was afternoon, but i had just woken up! Myself, Sam and Kellie made the effort of the ages.... getting a bus to cure my mouthwatering lust for.... McDonald's, guilty pleasure... i don't think so! I felt not one bit guilty as i polished off most of my large (only size they do weirdly :p) McBacon meal with Wedges instead of Chips with a 'Chicken Move It' on the side and a Cruch McFlurry and Doghnut for after :) (if you gave me half an hour i could sit here and preach to you about the wonders of Spanish McDonald's... its a Fast-Food Fantasy!!

Little side-tracked there.... hmmm..let me re-cap, yesterday, emotional; McDonald's, and sad films at night... so this brought me to wondering, am i (AT LAST) homesick?! And last night yes maybe i was missing the people at home who matter to me.... Fudge :p (jokes guys i miss you all like [humongous writers block here] Leeds Utd fans miss being good at footbal!) But between the sad movies, the awesome McDonald's and the tub of triple chocolate ice cream, I managed to get up of my, at this point very heavy, backside, and rolll my bootaayyy to the fridge for something to drink, when i looked at my sad shelf, with only 3 items on it; A can of Coca Cola, A bottle of Fanta Naranja, and a half empty (i'm no optimist this jar aint half-full) jar of Pickled Onions.

Now guys, especially those of you who are at Uni, you've gotta know this feeling, when it smacks you in the stomach that you have in fact nothing to eat in the world, and alllll the shops are closed, like they are here alllll the good forsaken time! And you just pick up that woefully half empty jar of pickled onions, and that 3/4 full bottle of fanta, and sit yourself down to watch My Girl and wonder, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING MAN?!?!

Well in fact for me, that didn't occur to me until this afternoon when i rolled out of bed and onto the sofa where i now sit and wonder what hell i was doing. Was it because i miss home? Or was it simply because i miss the luxuries of being at home, the full fridge, the shops that don't have a siesta, the YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS, Sky Sports News HD, HD TV as a whole, BBC iPlayer, Channel 4OD, the reasonably sized clubs that open and close at reasonable hours and the Takeaways open till 4/5 in the morning?!

I have come to a conclusion, well no i have come to a few conclusions.....

- I seriously need to go to Carrefour and stock up my fridge, and freezer for those days when Cadiz thinks; You know what, lets have another Bank Holiday!!

- I may need to start eating healthy....... PSSSSYYYYCCCCHHHE, i could just murder a deluxe boneless banquet with 1.5litre bottle of pepsi and Gravy as the side, it would make my frikin day! (James Walsh and/or Pieter Lishman please vaccum pack me one and send it over :D )

- I need to stop coming back from nights out, laying down on the sofa, turning on my laptop and then waking up at silly a.m on the sofa, i mean my neck is taking some serious hammering.

- And most importantly, I need to start blogging some hilarious stories for you guys back home or in other parts of the world :) I'v got some beauties so just be patient and you shall be rewarded in due time :)

Well today guys is yet again another Cadiz Uni day off, i swear they have more days off than on and more bank holidays than bank working days! Not like im complaining!? Its La Punta tonight (A story in itself) and so that means tomorrow (Saturday) is either going to be a complete write off due to a large, (As James Walsh would say... "i wouldnt do it if i wasnt drunkn i wouldnt drink if it wasnt for peer pressure") Vodka shaped Resaca (hangover), or a beach day where the gorgeous golden sands, the awesome atlantic waves and the sensational spanish sun just wash away any signs of hangover :)

So for now Bloggers i bid you farewell, but if tomorrow does indeed equal a write off, and i have nothing to do other than enthral you beautiful people with tales of our Insane Iberian Incidentsthen the next blog shall be entitled something along the lines of.... 'When In Cadiz...' Maybe not one for the fmaily to read... :)

Until next time...

Happy Blogging :)

2 comments:

  1. This blog isn't 'next level gay' but watching my girl of ur own accord definitely is!!!
    I did laugh out loud at this blog though :-)so thanx!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS YOU!!! I love this! Please keep me updated! ahhh loveeee xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete