My Blog List

Thursday 4 November 2010

Friends. A short Poem

Just a short poem i wrote a few years ago for the leaving ceremony at my sixth form. At this time of year in the run up to Christmas i think its important to remember how much your friends mean to you and where you would be without them, so i thought, as i'v only just stumbled across it again, that i'd share it with you guys :) Enjoy;

Friends
By Mathew Clarke

Fish without Chips, And Bread without Jam,
It is my friends who make Me who I am.
The descisions I make and the paths that I follow,
And the thought that they will still be there for me tomorrow.

Life without Breath, Land without Sea,
Without Friends would I have ever become me?
The person I am today as a result of before,
And knowing that I can be me and need be nothing more.

But when I wake up in the morning, feeling down,
It's my friends who will be there to alter my frown,
And lead me through my life on a journey together,
And the feeling that i will never be alone, not now, not ever.

It is my Friends who are with my right till the end,
There is never anyone better on a bad day, than a freind.
Or when i look at the future, with nerves all frayed,
I know they will guide me and I am never betrayed.

So God help my Friends, guide Them through their grief,
Because it is them, when I'm down, who gave me relief.
Let them be successful in all that they do,
And here's to them, to Friends, to Me, and to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment